Committed to delivering a clean and safe environment through health and safety protocols
What are the new protocols?
A new 20-step protocol for hotels and 10-step protocol for meeting and event spaces is currently being introduced to our hotels. New cleaning and disinfection procedures, increased attention to safety in communal spaces, protective equipment, and updated training for team members are included in the new protocols. All our worldwide locations are being briefed on these protocols and strongly encouraged to implement them. These protocols describe specific processes and measures that are designed to make you feel confident when you visit us. To learn more, watch the video with more details or read the outlined steps below:
1. Physical distancing
Implement physical distancing measures throughout the hotel.
2. Increase cleaning and disinfecting
Increase cleaning and disinfecting frequency throughout the hotel, paying attention to high-touch items.
3. Air circulation
Improve air circulation processes to increase air quality.
4. Protective barrier
Install protective screens at the front desk.
5. Sanitizing stations
Install alcohol-based hand sanitizing and glove stations near the front entrance and public areas.
6. Disinfect key cards
Provide clean and disinfected key cards upon check-in.
7. Door hangers
Display door hanger with cleaning and disinfecting information.
8. Travel-size hand sanitizer
Provide each guest room with a travel-size hand sanitizer.
9. TV remote
Provide a clean and disinfected TV remote in an individually sealed and protective bag.
Wash all linens at a high temperature for optimal disinfection.
11. Pool and other wellness areas
Provide sanitizer and disinfectant wipes in our fitness and wellness centers.
12. Express check-out
Provide an express check-out process to minimize contact with team members.
13. Methods of payment
Offer cash-free methods of payment.
14. Grab and go
Offer individually packaged and other grab-and-go food options.
15. Bars and restaurants
Space tables apart in restaurants and bars to provide physical distancing.
16. Food safety
Adhere to the strict safety procedures while serving all food and beverages.
Lock or remove all minibars.
18. Team training
Provide team members with comprehensive hygiene and prevention training program.
19. Team member temperature checks
Administer temperature checks for team members and suppliers, when legally permitted or required.
20. Team member PPE
Provide team members with personal protective equipment.
10-step protocol - Meetings & Events
1. Ensure the safe handling of personal belongings in the coatroom
2. Install stations with alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gloves in hotel public areas and meeting and event spaces
3. Increase cleaning and disinfection frequency of all hotel areas, paying special attention to high-touch items
4. Implement improved air circulation processes to increase air quality
5. Display door hanger with cleaning and disinfecting information in each meeting room
6. Place a “disinfect box" in meeting rooms for used stationary items and disinfect them after events
7. Ensure physical distancing in meeting and event facilities
8. Ensure your hotel event manager is available for contact directly through your own device, to assist with your requests during the event
9. Serve all food and beverages respecting strict food safety procedures
10. Frequently clean and disinfect coffee machines
Who is SGS?
Please check this page frequently for updated health and safety information or our COVID-19 page with the latest information about our extended cancellation policy.