Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - Extended Cancellation Policy
Radisson Hotels’ highest priority is the health, safety and security of our guests, employees and business partners worldwide.
Updated: March 31, 2020
Our commitment to health, safety and security
In response to the recent development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow the latest advice and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the local authorities in the countries we operate in. For up-to-date information and further details, please refer to the WHO and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Radisson Hotels has activated our corporate crisis response teams worldwide and has strong processes and support teams in place. All our hotels have been informed in detail on essential preparatory and prevention measures – ranging from hygiene measures including increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency to guidelines on how to handle suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) or lockdowns for quarantine purposes in cooperation with the local authorities.
We are continuously monitoring and following the changes in recommendations and guidelines of the local governments and the local health authorities in the countries we operate in, to continue working towards providing the best service possible while safeguarding the safety of our guests and associates, within the requirements issued by such local authorities.
Your destination hotel may be temporarily closed, or the availability of food service, pools, fitness centers, and other amenities may be disrupted. Thank you for your understanding.
Our cancellation policy
We are constantly updating our global cancellation policy to reflect the most recent developments related to COVID-19 and any official travel or meeting restrictions or, quarantine or lockdown measurements announced by governments worldwide. Our aim is to offer you as much flexibility and planning comfort as possible.
The current cancellation policy covers:
Individual reservations:- Free modifications or free cancellations for all existing and new reservations (in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) for stays until June 30, 2020
- Please note that any modification to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate difference
- If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount for you to redeem on your next reservation, at the same property, until March 31, 2021
- New reservations made between April 1 and June 30, 2020, for any future arrival date (all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) can be changed or canceled at no charge, up to 24 hours before the arrival date. This includes reservations with the advanced purchase rates described as noncancelable
- Guests who made reservations via online travel agents or third-party travel professionals are advised to contact them directly for information on their policies
- For reservations after June 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy will apply
Leisure Groups, Business Groups and Meeting & Events:
- Free cancellations on existing and new reservations and/or meetings & events until June 30, 2020, (in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) if the meeting/event cannot be rebooked to a later date. Any modifications to any existing reservation are subject to availability and any rate difference
- If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount (less already incurred costs) for the customer to redeem on their next reservation, at the same property, until March 31, 2021
- Groups who made reservations via third-party meeting organizers are advised to contact them directly for any adjustments
- Arrivals/meetings & events after June 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy will apply
Our commitment to our loyalty program members
As COVID-19 affects travel plans around the world, we believe our Radisson Rewards members deserve to use the points that they have acquired and should not be penalized due to circumstances out of their control. As a result, Radisson Hotels is suspending its point expiration policy by six months, effective March 1, 2020. We have also extended the elite status of our members through February 2022, for those that would have expired in February 2021. In addition, e-certs earned using the Radisson Reward Visa card, that are scheduled to expire between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be redeemed through June 30, 2021.